Inventek Systems announces its newest compact global positioning system (GPS) receiver module with an integrated ceramic patch antenna offering industry-leading size, sensitivity, low-power and fast location-fix performance. The ISM480F1 module is optimized for size and battery constrained applications. The integrated antenna and common host port interfaces (UART, SPI, I2C) minimize system integration time.
Billerica, Massachusetts (PRWEB) April 11, 2012
The ISM480F1 GPS module is based on the fast and deep search capabilities of CSR’s SiRFStarIV (TM) GSD4e platform and includes the SiRFInstantFix technology that minimizes the time-to-first-fix (TTFF) and SiRFaware software for optimizing the performance versus power trade-off. The SiP module is ideally suited for a broad spectrum of size and power restricted applications such as handheld consumer devices, digital cameras, asset tracking, vehicle tracking, and personal tracking for fitness and sports.
Several key features of the ISM480F1 module include:
- Compact module size for easy integration: 16.5mm x 16.5mm x 7 mm (shield height included).
- Integrated 15mm x 15mm x 4mm ceramic patch antenna.
- Integrated LNA, SAW Filter, TCXO
- Generation and storage of extended ephemeris data to an external device for much faster hot starts in weak signal environments.
- Built-in jamming detection and mitigation to permit fast and accurate navigation solutions in high noise environments.
- 48 track verification channels.
- Host UART, SPI or I2C interface ( Default SPI)
- Custom output Firmware provided.
- Single power supply voltage 1.8V.
- Cold, Warm, Hot Start Time: 35, 35, 1 Sec. respectively.
- Reacquisition Time: 1 second.
- Simple 12 pin header interface.
For evaluation and design integration, Inventek offers the ISM420/480 Evaluation Board (EVB). The features of this EVB include:
- Support for both the ISM420-BO (ROM Version) and the ISM480 (Flash version) GPS modules.
- Displays: Lat/Lon, UTC, Satellites, HDOP, Altitude, GeoID
- Supports SiRF Flash utility on the ISM480TM module for upgrading to the latest firmware.
Pricing and Availability
The ISM480F1-C4.1 is in volume production and sells for $18.00 in 100 piece quantities. Contact Inventek Systems directly for higher volume quotations.
Inventek Systems is a privately held, USA-based, full-service wireless solutions provider focused on 802.11 WiFi embedded solutions, GPS embedded modules and antennas. A wide spectrum of standard and custom embedded products are offered ranging from low cost system-in-a-package (SiP) products to modular based custom solutions. Inventek provides a unique set of services from consulting to custom design to cost effective high volume manufacturing.
Inventek Systems products are used in a wide range of consumer, industrial, and defense based applications. Inventek’s eS-WiFi and Ez-GPS products are enabling customers around the world to add WiFi connectivity and GPS features at a quickening pace with minimal design effort.