SiRFstar IV SIP GPS Receiver Module based on CSR’s latest GSD4e chip with twice the sensitivity of the SiRFstar III.
The Inventek ISM420R1-C33 is a 48 channel global positioning system (GPS) receiver in a 9.5 x 10.5 x 2.4mm Surface Mount Device (SMD) GPS module with high sensitivity, high gain, and low power. The small form factor GPS receiver is designed for a broad spectrum of OEM applications and is based on the fast and deep GPS signal search capabilities of CSR SiRFstarIV™ architecture.
- The module is capable of generating and storing extended ephemeris data to an external device for much faster hot starts in weak signal environments.
- Built-in jamming detection and mitigation to permit fast and accurate navigation solutions in high noise environments.
- Ability to use an external MEMS device for wakeup when motion is detected, thus reducing power consumption for tracking devices.
- An addition 4 dB in tracking sensitivity and 5 dB navigation sensitivity over the world class SiRFstar III devices.
- < 10 mW @ 1.8 volts required to maintain fixes in Trickle Power mode for the ultimate in low power requirements.
- ISM420 Product Brief (pdf)
- ISM420 Functional Spec (pdf)
- ISM420 FILES” target=”_blank”>PADs 9.x PCB FOOTPRINT/ORCAD/ISM420.dsc (zip)
- PADS PCB FOOTPRINT / ORCAD SYMBOL (zip)
- Recommended Antenna Specification
- PAT254-01-IP (Passive)
- ACTPAT254-01-IP (Active)
- ANTDOM-05-01-WPM (Dome)
- U.FL to SMA Adaptor
- NMEA Reference Manual (pdf)
- SiRF One Socket Protocol Manual (pdf)
- EVB Schematic (pdf)
- SiRF Binary Protocol Reference Manual
- Product Change Notice
This module is designed for quick and easy integration into GPS-related applications – especially compact size devices – such as:
- Industrial Handhelds
- Hand-held devices for personal positionaing and navigation
- PDA, Pocket PC and other computing devices
- Fleet Management / Asset Tracking
- AVL and Location-Based Services
- Cellular handsets and cameras
- Patient/child/pet tracking
- Fitness and sports training