The ISM43903-R48-L54-E/U is an embedded 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi module. The Wi-Fi module hardware consists of a Cypress 43903 SOC with ARM Cortex-R4 clocked at 160 MHz (in 1× mode) or up to 320 MHz (in 2× mode), an integrated antenna or optional external antenna, 1 MB of SRAM and 640 KB ROM available for the applications processor, SPI or UART interface capability.
The Wi-Fi module requires no operating system and has an integrated TCP/IP stack that only requires a simple AT command set to establish connectivity for your wireless product. The module has a very small 14.5mm x 30mm surface mount footprint and has full FCC and CE module certification (In process). This product is targeted for low cost embedded wireless applications and enables a quick, easy and cost effective method adding WiFi connectivity to your platforms.
A summary of the key module features
- ARM Cortex-R4 clocked at 160 MHz (in 1× mode) or up to 320 MHz (in 2× mode).
- 1 MB of SRAM and 640 KB ROM available for the applications processor.
- One high-speed 4-wire UART interface with operation up to 4 Mbps.
- Two low-speed 2-wire UART interfaces multiplexed on general purpose I/O (GPIO) pins.
- SPI master/slave interfaces with operation up to 24 MHz
- U.FL Connector for external 2.4 GHz Antenna
- Configurable using AT commands (IWIN)
- Host interface: UART
- 44-Pin and L44+10 Land Grid Array Footprint
- 14.5mm x 30mm x 2.5 mm
- 17 GPIO's
- Input Voltage: 3.3 V
- Low power operation with built-in low power modes.
- 802.11 b/g/n Compatible based on Broadcom MAC/Baseband/Radio device.
- Fully contained TCP/IP stack thus minimizing host CPU requirements
- Network features ICMP ( Ping), ARP, DHCP,TCP, UDP
- Low power operation (3.3V supply) with built-in low power modes.
- Secure WiFi authentication WEP-128, WPA-PSK (TKIP), WPA2-PSK
- Footprint ( Compatible with : L44 +10 ) 362 and 240 modules
- Orcad Symbol
- EVB Reference Schematic ( Same reference design as ISM43362)
- Pads PCB Footprint Decal (zip)
- AT Command Set Quick Reference Guide (UART only)
- AT Command Set User's Manual (UART Only)
- AT Command Set Demo Software (UART Only)
- Demo Software Help
- SoftAP Application Note
Software Scripts Examples
- IWIN AT Command Support Site
- IWIN (AT Command Set: PC Demo software)
- TCP Client Demo (Python)
- Axeda Thermostat Demo (Python)
- eS-Wifi TCP/UDP Client Server Demo (Python)
Embedded Talk Video's
- Serial to Wi-Fi Product Overview & AT Command Set (Part 1, 2)
- SoftAp Overview
- 802.11 b/g/n Serial to Wi-Fi Product Overview (Part 1)
- 802.11 b/g/n Serial to Wi-Fi AT Command Set Tutorial (Part 2)
Evaluation Board Detail
- PDA, Pocket PC, computing devices
- Building automation and smart energy control.
- Industrial sensing and remote equipment monitoring.
For sales support Volume Pricing and delivery options