BeagleBone Black development platform for ARM® Cortex™-A8 processors.
Get started on Sitara™ AM335x ARM Cortex-A8 processor
BeagleBone Black ships with the Debian GNU/Linux™ in onboard FLASH to start evaluation and development.
BeagleBone Black’s can be extended using plug-in boards called “capes” that can be plugged into BeagleBone Black’s two 46-pin dual-row expansion headers.
Capes are available for Wi-Fi and BT reset control of the INVENTEK sdio RADIO’S.
The following procedure is supported on the following Inventek products:
ISM4343-L77 (In process)
This uses the brcmfmac driver released by Broadcom:
1)Download Debian 8.5- Jessie IoT Snapshot Flasher
BeagleBoneBlack_Debian#2016-05-01 (417 MB.zip File)
2) Extract the .img file and Use Win32DiskImager to flash the image
to the microSD card
3) Insert micorSD card to BBB, hold down boot button (S2) and power
the BBB to Load sd image to eMMC.
You can relese the boot button once the LEDs start flashing.
The 4 LEDs will light in sequence and stop after about 10-15 mins
when the image is flashed. If the lights dont stop flashing after
half an hour power cycle the board and try again.
4) Remove sd card and power cycle
5) Connect the debug uart through an ftdi
6) Open Terminal prpgram and log onto the board:
3) Update the latest inventek patch (Connect to Wired ethernet)
sudo git pull
4) Install the Inventek patch
5) Remove Power from BBB and plug in SDIO Wi-Fi baord, then apply power
6) Use connmanctl to connect to a network
connmanctl>tether wifi disable
Services will return a list of the wireless networks scanned
Copy the string next to your desired wifi network and connect (ie):
In order to use a soft reset you need to modify your DTS to control the following pins:
– On the ISM4334x you need to connect a gpio to wl_reg_on (pin 50) and bt_reg_on (Pin 51) on our module. We also recommend GPIO 0 for future OOB support
– On the ISM43362 wl_rst_n (Pin 13)needs to be connected to a gpio.
On a soft reset you need to keep these pins low for two clk cylces (60 us) after power (Default state is High (on)).